Do you want to Delete LinkedIn account permanently? Are you sure you want to delete it? If you delete it you delete any recommendations or endorsements you have given or received.Not only this you also delete your messages and connections.
Why to delete your account ?
- LinkedIn Owns Your data and information
- People using LinkedIn regularly have many complaints regarding the user experience that offers.
- LinkedIn users experience is average with lot of errors.
- React Slowly by LinkedIn Support.
- LinkedIn actually decides on who reads your post.
When talking about social networks and privacy controls, LinkedIn is among one of the best social network platform for career and business professionals to connect. But Despite many advantages of good security policies and user controls, they own your personal Data and Information. LinkedIn includes many advertisements which are one of the means of support for them. Advertisers are allowed to target users through the data it collects through users’ profiles.
So, If you decide you don’t want LinkedIn harvesting your data, you can delete your account with these few steps:
How to Delete Your LinkedIn Account?
- Log into your LinkedIn account (Go to LinkedIn.com)
- Select the tab under your profile picture in the top toolbar
- Choose “Settings and Privacy” from the drop-down menu
- In the Account tab select “Closing your LinkedIn account link.”
- The deletion page will ask you why you want to delete. You can list whichever reason you want. Click Continue to confirm the deletion. Select “Close Account”
- Enter your linked in password.
- LinkedIn will ask you to confirm you are closing the correct account.
- Click on Confirm closing your account.
- However, as soon as you delete your account you will be logged out and your public profile and all your contact will get erased within 24 hours. But, It should be understood that it takes LinkedIn about a week to remove all of your information from its servers.
- This means that if you decide to return to LinkedIn again in future, you’ll need to start a completely new profile, and rebuild your endorsements and connections from scratch.